The National Engines are the finest racers from their respective countries, all come to compete in the World Championship.
- Bobo the TVG from France
- Espresso the Settebello from Italy
- Weltschaft (re-named Ruhrgold) from Germany
- Turnov the Trans-Siberian from Russia
- Hashamoto (sometimes re-named Nintendo) from Japan
- Prince of Wales (originally City of Milton Keynes) the British Train.
Bobo and Espresso are cut from smaller touring productions. the British train never appeared in the German production.