The National Engines are the finest racers from their respective countries, all come to compete in the World Championship.
- The French Engine (Bobo/Coco)
- Espresso, the Settebello
- The German Engine (Weltschaft/Ruhrgold)
- Turnov the Trans-Siberian Express
- The Japanese Engine (Hashamoto/Nintendo/Manga)
- The British Engine (the City of Milton Keynes/the Prince of Wales/Brexit)
The French and Italian engines do not appear in smaller, touring productions. The British engine was added to the Bochum production in 2018.
Other National Engines
The Japan/Australia touring production added new National Engines to fill the stage. Some non-replica productions have localised the show by adding Engines or renaming some of the existing set.